Have you seen Princess Merida in Brave Movie? That eye catching curly red hair certainly looks so gorgeous and amazing.
After seeing the movie, some girls surely want to get that beautiful hair. If you are interested in having curly red hair just like Merida, here we give you tips in making red hair only with 1 1/2 inch curling iron.
How to Pick the Perfect Red Color
The first thing that you should do to get curly red hair is having red hair dye shade. However, you surely do not need to do this if you already own red hair. There are actually a lot of red colors that you can freely pick. Red hair color chart is actually divided into warm reds and cool reds. Several hair colors like ginger red, auburn, golden copper and red copper are included in warm reds. Meanwhile, the cool reds have more varieties like cherry brown, red mahogany, burgundy, rose gold, red velvet, magenta, and others.
If you want to get red color like Merida, you should pick the ginger red one. It is a light reddish brown color which gives a very natural looking. Even, Prince Harry looks great in his ginger red hair. However, if you think this color does go well with your skin, you can pick others red hair colors shades.
Red hair actually will give fresh look into your skin. However, the wrong option will make you look pale and ill. Generally, as people want to get red hair color, they will pick warm reds such as copper, ginger, and auburn. These will look good for warm or fair skin. Meanwhile, the cool reds like red velvet, ruby, and red violet are perfect for dark skin.
Tips on Making Natural Curly for Your Red Hair
After getting the red hair, now it’s time for curling your hair. You can use hot curlers or 1 1/2 inch curling iron to make your wavy or straight hair turn into natural curly hair. In order to prevent damaging heat, you probably can wash your hair, braid it, then let it dry overnight. Now, let’s move to the steps!
- Preheat the hot curlers / curling iron
- Divide your hair into four sections by using comb. Two sections to the front, and the rest to the back.
- Use some hair clips to hold those hair.
- Let’s start with the back section first. Wrap that section around the curling iron, starting from the bottom to your scalp. Make sure you hold the curling iron vertically while rolling it.
- Unrolling the iron slowly and do these steps repeatedly for the whole sections
- Apply some curl cream, to set your curly hair. Rub the cream together slowly in order to avoid damage to your curls.
So, that’s how to make natural curly raid hair like the Princess Merida. As curling your hair, you can make some variation of curls’ directions. Natural curly hairs normally don’t have same curls direction. Make it as natural as possible to have gorgeous curly red hair.